Saturday, May 24, 2014

Finally, on to Switzerland

We're flying over land as I type this. We've got very comfy business class seats on our Icelandair jet. I'm happy to report this flight took off on time, no strike, no issues. All in all, our Icelandair experience has been excellent, and I would certainly do this again. Economy comfort class...all the perks of business class except the food. We even got to wait in the first class lounge in the airport, which was very civilized.

We land in Zurich in another 90 minutes, roughly. Then things will be hectic for a bit as we try to find our train and get to Luzern.

So I'll take this moment for a few words in review of our Iceland hotel, the Hotel Keflavik. Overall, I'd say this was a pretty nice hotel. The room was fine. We booked a suite because I wanted the extra space, but it wasn't quite what I expected. I thought we'd get a big room, with a seating area. We actually got a 2 room suite. And someone (booking.com, probably) told the hotel there were 5 people in our party, so in our sitting area they set up the pullout couch and a cot. We put away the sofa, but never did manage to get housekeeping to take the cot away.

The breakfast buffet was good, and definitely European, with a Scandinavian bent. There was cheese and ham and bread. There were a number of combinations of those things...sandwiches, toasted ham and cheese, ham and cheese strudel. There were also 4 kinds of pickled herring, smoked salmon, and caviar in a tube. There was a chafing dish. I opened it expecting bacon and eggs, but no....little hot dogs and baked beans. There was very delicious yogurt, and lots of pastry /donut types of sweets. For the most part I could resist, but there were these sort of crunchy, custard filled donuts that were quite yummy.

Well, it's time to prepare for landing. Hopefully I will post all these entries upon arrival in Luzern!


Location:Somewhere over Europe

No comments:

Post a Comment