Monday, May 26, 2014

A story about Swiss Honesty

The morning before we boarded the boat for Rigi, we had breakfast at McDonalds (I know, I know...but the bakeries and cafés were all closed on Sunday,and who wants to spend $32 on hotel breakfast? ). Anyways, after we ate, we headed for the dock and boarded the boat. That's when I realized I had left my brand new LLBean fleece at McD's. Damn....couldn't get off the boat to go back for it. And I did miss it on the mountain, it was really chilly up there.

We had left around 10AM. When we got back it was after 4, and we stopped by the McDs to see if perhaps they still had it. Sure enough, someone had picked it up and the found it for me in their lost and found box. Only in Switzerland! In New York or Boston, the sweatshirt would be long gone. I was very happy to get it back, before we head to the Alps next week. So thank you unknown Swiss person or tourist who returned my jacket!




No comments:

Post a Comment